Tanzania Engaruka Cultural Tour
Engaruka/Oldonyo Lengai to see how Tanzania most preserved culture, norms and values are practiced by Masai community in Engaruka.
- Rift Valley
- Kerimasi Mountain Climb
- Oldoinyo Lengai Climbing
- Culture Tour
Per Person Sharing
Day 1: Safari to Visit Local Irigation Methods
You can see the remnants of the ruined city of Engaruka. The guide will help you to identify old graves, house walls, irrigation canals and terraces, and explain the various theories about the rise and fall of the farming community. Enjoy enroute, the colorful birds and butterflies, remnants of the German era, and also visit an “orpul” or Masai slaughter-house.
Engaruka farming tour
From the ruins, walk to the village of Engaruka. Enroute, visit several farms and learn about various farming and irrigation methods. The guide will throw light on the tribal background of the village. On the way back, visit the market area located in the shade of African tulip tree and a huge mkuyu tree.
Day 2: Safari to Rift Valley and Kerimasi Mountain Climb
From the ruined city, narrow footpaths wind up the Rift Valley escarpment. Climb the escarpment guided by a Maasai warrior, who will help you spot many colourful birds and show you trees and plants that the Maasai use for making food and medicines.
Kerimasi mountain climb
North of Engaruka is the green mountain of Kerimasi. The climb takes three to four hours from the foot to the summit. From the top, you see impressive views of Oldoinyo Lengai, Lake Natron, the Ngorongoro highlands and the mountains of Kitumbeine and Gelai. The descent takes about two hours.
Day: 3 -4 Climbing to Oldoinyo Lengai
Conquer Oldoinyo Lengai or “the mountain of God” in Masai parlance. On the first day, you climb Kerimasi mountain and descend on the north side to camp at the foot of Oldoinyo Lengai, the only active volcano in Tanzania. On the morning of the second day, start the 4-5 hour climb to the top, where you can even can enter the crater to watch the volcanic activity. The descent takes about 2 ½ hours. Later drive to Arusha for your onward arrangements.
End of the tour..
Arrangements on this exotic East African island allow a choice of accommodations: Zanzibar East Coast Beach (Karafuu Hotel, “Cottage”) or Zanzibar Town (Serena Inn). The package includes airport transfers, domestic flights to Zanzibar and from Zanzibar to Kilimanjaro Airport, breakfast and dinner daily. It is only for relaxation on the beach of beautiful Spice Island of Zanzibar.
Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania; 6 Days/ 5 Nights
(Please ask for the Price)
There are a variety of climb routes to reach the snow capped summit of Kilimanjaro. Whether you are a novice or a veteran, the extreme altitude requires preparation from all participants and a reasonable level of fitness. The Package includes climb via Machame route (accommodation in tents) or Marangu route (accommodation in huts), park fees, food, tents, guide and porters salaries, rescue fees but it excludes sleeping bags, hiking sticks and other climbing gears.
– Accommodation as stipulated in the Itinerary
– Sightseeing as specified in itinerary
– Transport on safari in a 4WD vehicle with an open roof
– All parks entrance fees
– Service of English Speaking driver guide
– Mineral water 1.5lt per person per day.
– Flights from Serengeti to Arusha/ Kilimanjaro Airport
– Salary for the Professional English Drive Guide.
– Government taxes and levies
Price Above Excludes:
– Airport transfers (can be arranged upon request)
– International and domestic flights and departure taxes
– Accommodation in Arusha after safari (can be arranged upon request)
– Easter and Christmas Holidays Surcharge
– Hot and cold drinks.
– Optional Hot Air Balloon ride over Serengeti
– Olduvai/Visit of Maasai Boma
– Optional flying doctors insurance (we can arrange upon request)
– Tips to the driver/guide.
– And all not mentioned in the itinerary above.
– Tourist visas
– Personal travel/medical insurance
– Soft drinks or alcoholic beverages
– Any items of personal nature (laundry service, telephone/internet bills, souvenirs)
All of our itineraries are custom-made which means that they are tailor-made for your own specific group, taking into account your interests, your budget and so on…Contact us for any changes for this Itinerary.