4 Days Mount Meru Trekking
One of the most wonderful volcanoes of Africa, Mount Meru is also the second highest Tanzanian mountain at 4,5685, the 5th highest in Africa. Placed inside Arusha National Park, Mt Meru offers amblers the chance to some of the rarest birds & wildlife that populate the area. The climb is rather steep, the trail to the peak passes over parkland, streams, montane and moorland. The prak can be reached via a slender, desolate ridge, which offers incredible sights of Ash Cone resting many thousand feet beneath the crater. If weather permit, Kilimanjaro can be explored in the west. The most ideal time to ascend Mt Meru is amid October and February.
Per Person Sharing
Day 1: Arusha/ Miriakiamba:
Transfer from Arusha to Momela in the dawn to trek Miriakamba. Lunch will be provided on the course of the journey. Dinner and overnight halting at Miriakamba camp
Day 2: Miriakamba/ Sadle
Following breakfast you will be guided for a hiking trip. Lunch will be offered enroute. After a difficult day of trekking your dinner and overnight halt will be at Sadle.
Day 3: Sadle/ Summit/ Sadle:
From Sadle trek to Summit 4556 at midnight then come back to Sadle for lunch and dinner. Overnight halting at Miriakamba.
Day 4: Miriakamba / Momela
Following breakfast, come to the gate with your packed lunch and from here you’ll be picked for Arusha.
Cost quoted will include:
- Entry fees for all parks
- All camping or hut charges
- Porter and guide fees
- Transportation to & from the mountain gates
- Three time meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Cook and whole kitchen utensils
- International and domestic flights (we can arrange on request)
- Accommodation on the last day after climb (book with us)
- Tips, drinks and all items of personal nature
- Hard and soft drinks and tips
- Sleeping bags but we can provide for hire on request.
- All Mountain Gears (we can arrange hire of this)
NOTE: We do not place groups together. This way you are ensured the full attention of our guide, but with the added knowledge of our guides’ experiences. It also means that we can start the climb on the day you prefer.